Saturday, November 26, 2011

you, in everything

57.  a mirror snapshot of my beautiful little city in the early morning light
58.  disappointments that force me to look to you when I'd been looking elsewhere
59.  a fine-less parking citation reminding me of mercy I don't deserve
60.  being counted worthy of trust
61.  singing and praying with a roomful of people who love Jesus
62.  a friend going out of his way to help me feel safe
63.  the hard questions
64.  smell of old books
65.  snuggly cats
66.  uncontrollable laughter, lurking
67.  a warm bed
68.  snowballs thrown
69.  laughter and constant songs of a friend at work
70.  realizing that one thing I just read lines up with another thing much later-- and that you meant it to
71.  in irritation at a co-worker's constant gripes, suddenly recognizing that I was just doing the very same to you and you love me still
72.  you, making yourself known in my thoughts

1 comment:

  1. Aaamen. He is good to us, so very good, even when we are so very unworthy.

    I love you. I'm pretty honored to be your sister.

    ReplyDelete